Blog Archive

1.28.2012

All you need is love...

Having Ryan home today has been totally awesome. He has been really loving and sweet and it's just been beautiful to me. I can't say enough times how blessed I am to have him in my life.

You see, Ryan has been mega stressed with ship stuff and it *kind of* made home life a bit different. He wasn't the sweet, adoring, complementing man he once was. Things HAVE however recently changed. There were some rough things going on at work and he was doing the work of 2 1/2 people. It was insane. Well, things have gotten much better because he isn't doing all that crazy work anymore, though he is still doing a lot of work.

Anyway, onto the loving and sweet part. A shipmate of his came to the house last night because he needed some stuff sewed (no, I don't sew, hubby does [I'm not a normal house wife lol]) and he ended up staying and hanging with us until about 1 am. Ryan was being really loving even then, in front of his ship mate. Given we were drunk, but it was soo cute how he would hug me and say "that's my girl" after me letting out a burp, lol. Today we were at lunch at Firehouse Subs and he randomly said, "This is awesome" so of course I'm curious what exactly is awesome (I assumed it was his sandwich lol) and his reply was one for the books, "Being here, with you". It almost made me cry and gave me goosebumps. Of course I'm on my period but it also means so much to me when he says something like that because of the fact that things weren't like that for a while and I didn't think they ever would be like that again.

Tonight he and I are drinking moscato, watching creepy movies and sitting by the fire and you know what? THIS is awesome.

1 comment:

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Awwww, this is great :)

And I do think it's important to keep in mind how much being stressed and under pressure affects not only our own mood, but also our beloved's mood.

At least I know for myself, I can become rather... moody... to be kind :P when I'm under a lot of pressure, and I need those around me to give me a little space, before I'll be back to my normal caring and loving self.