Blog Archive

1.12.2012

Everyone else is doing it! Lol.

1. How did you and your spouse meet?

We met in Indiana when he and my ex were in town for a visit. He didn't really talk to me then so I usually say we officially met in Virginia when I moved in with said ex and he was our roommate.

2. How old were you when you two met?

We were both 23.

3. How long have you been together?

A little over 2 years =)

4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?

He is originally from Hobart, Indiana and I from Michigan City, Indiana.

5. How did you feel about him joining the military?

H was already in, so I didn't have much of anything to say about it haha.

6. Where did your spouse go to basic training?


Great Lakes, IL


7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?


Yes, he has been deployed a total of 2 times since I have known him and 1 or 2 other times before that.


8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?


Unfortunately he was promoted while they were deployed last year so I couldn't be there :(

9. How long have you been a military wife?


About a year and a half.



10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?


After.


11. How did your husband propose?

We went for a walk on the beach and this happened!: (he was pretending we were taking a picture)


12. Where did you get married?

Our first wedding was done in the mayor of Michigan Citys office. The second was at my life long church in Michigan City.

13. How old were you when you got married?


24


14. Did he wear his uniform on your wedding day?

He sure did. Dress whites for the first one, dress blues for the second one and a suit for the reception.


15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?


He is currently stationed at Naval Station Norfolk but is going to Damneck in a few months for shore duty.


16. Do you live on base?


No, we have a house.

17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?


2 weeks :( Then he deployed for 6 months.


18. What is your favorite base so far?


Well we have ever only been here.

19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
Uhm, DUH.

20. Do you think military life is more advanced then civilian life?


Not more advanced, just quite different.


21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military spouse?


Who wouldn't?!


22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?


I definately do!


23. What is the hardest part of the military life?


The seperation, first and foremost. I'd say the second hardest thing is not being able to make any plans because they can get ripped from you at any given moment.



24. Do you own military wife stuff?

Lol definately. I have a purse and wallet made from his uniform he couldn't use anymore, I have a few shirts, necklaces, key chains, and ribbons for my car.

25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?



Yes and no. I mean, of course I support him and would continue to support him if he decided to stay in but he is trying to get out after shore duty and I honestly pray that happens because him being around for our future child/ren means everything to me. Plus, I don't want to go through any more deployments.

No comments: