10.21.2012

Shore Duty

It's been a while since I have talked about the Navy life. Funny since that's what this blog is supposed to be, right? Sorry guys. Life gets crazy and priorities change. We all know why mine did.

Anyway, shore duty has been absolutely amazing. Though, I have gotten so used to Ryan always being here that when he randomly has to be on duty overnight, I''m a mess. Not that I cry or anything silly like that, but, I get really lonely and I have a hard time sleeping. I seriously can't even imagine going back to a ship after this. 

Ryan's typical day goes 7-4. HOWEVER, there are times when he works nights which especially sucks because he has to leave for work around 1 or 2 (depending on what is happening that day) and he doesn't get home until 8 or 9, sometimes 10 (could be later, just won't know until that night). He actually has a night shift coming up here soon and he will be on nights for a couple weeks to a couple of months. It will be the longest he has been on nights and I'm super not looking forward to it.

Do I sound like a Navy wife again while I complain about when my husband is gone and when I get to see him and whatnot? Haha, seriously, we all know I got it good and I don't have any right to complain but I have been through the underways and deployments so it's about dang time I get to complain because he has one night of duty!

No comments: