Blog Archive

3.07.2012

The wonderful Sailors Valentine is my guest poster for this week! Go check out her blog!


1) I came to visit and we went out for a night on the town. Where did we go and why?

Probably the Movie Tavern.  I know that sounds really low key and sort of boring. But, I absolutely love going to Movie Tavern.  It's one of my favorite "night's out" with the Sailor, as we are both huge movie fans.  The Movie Tavern's great because we can see a movie and have appetizers, or dinner, all at the same time.  It's sort of a kill two birds with one stone kind of thing.  Since I am usually so busy with the kids, it can be hard to dedicate several hours to have dinner out and then see a movie, so the Movie Tavern's kind of the perfect solution.  It's also a great family outing.  So, I'd probably suggest this, as it's lots of fun, and I know Movie Tavern's aren't all that common across the country. 


2) Coffee, tea or neither? Why?

 I think I would have to go with tea, both hot or cold. I drink iced tea by the gallons, and before going on my diet, I loved having Sweet Tea and Arnold Palmers ,(lemonade with tea), on a regular basis.  Coffee, I enjoy very rarely, its the occasional frappacino, and I love gingerbread lattes during the holiday season.  But, generally I don't drink more than 4-6 coffee drinks in a year, and now because I am trying to lose weight, I don't drink it all.  Also, I prefer tea because I can drink flavored herbal types and not have to add any sweetener, because the flavor of the tea is good enough.  I'm also not a big fan of caffeine. 

3) What made you start blogging and is that still the reason you blog today?

Well I first dipped my heels into the blogging pond back in 2002 or so, but I didn't maintain my blog, because it got to be too boring and a tad bit depressing....just the ramblings of a single woman/single mom.  But I picked up blogging again back in late 2008, after finding out I was pregnant with my son, "Snapdragon."  I wanted to remember what I experienced during that time in my life, because I was pretty sure that he would be my last baby.  My pregnancy is obviously not the reason I still blog today. But parenthood is definitely part of the blog. 
4) What does your blog focus on?

My blog focuses on the day to day life of my family.  The challenges and special circumstances that come with being a military family.  It concentrates a lot on parenting, because I am mom to a teenager and a toddler. It's also just a forum for me to express my own feelings and thoughts about the world around me, and how things are constantly changing.  I also am planning to start my own feature, as well as hopefully getting around to doing some giveaways as well. And perhaps maybe even some recipe sharing. :) 
5) Using the title of a movie, describe your life!

The Never-Ending Story: I know that probably sounds funny, but I feel like my life is a story, with so many ups,downs,twists,turns and at times, unbelievable moments.  It's part of a chapter that is all interwoven into the lives of my family, my children, and the Sailors, and I think that family history, truly is a never-ending story.  Also, I think my life would be a great family flick, if it was being watched on a regular day to day basis, with all the hi-jinks my kids constantly come up with.  

My Own Thoughts: 

I just think it's really wonderful that there is such a supportive community out here in blog land for the Military Spouse and family.  It's been my experience, that a lot of the military wives I have met, seem to keep things bottled up.  So many have said to me, "suck it up." It seems to be the standard response when I have expressed any sort of emotion that was less than positive.  So, being able to read stories and relate to other spouses, who are experiencing the same types of situations I am, makes me feel not so alone. :)  

1 comment:

Sailor's Valentine said...

Hehe, thanks Brittany! I haven't been able to blog since my short post on Saturday. I am recovering from having my appendix removed last Thursday! :)