Blog Archive

3.21.2012

Todays guest post is from Samantha @ His Perfect Vision of Imperfection. I love this girl and I have become very close with her thanks to the blogging community and facebook.




Guest blogging is something that I’ve always wanted to do, but rarely have time for. Fortunately, I was able to scrounge up some for this one! My name is Samantha. I’m one of the few people that follow Brittany consistently who’s not involved with the military, but this was not always the case. You can get acquainted with that mess by going through some of my posts from last year, starting with this (although the real beginning was well before I started blogging). I blog over at His Perfect Vision of Imperfection a few times a week, but having a full time job, being a graduate student, traveling the US, and living my life for God hardly grants me enough time to blog daily.

A special thanks to your host, Brittany, of course. I’m grateful to have this opportunity to take up some of her post space.

1) I came to visit and we went out for a night on the town. Where did we go and why?

We went to Harry’s for some New Orleans style grub. Why? Because food in Tallahassee is generally terrible authentic Creole food is delicious. Then we met up with some of my friends and hit up the billiards. There’s not much in the way of Tallahassee night life unless you want to party with drunken, drugged college kids. And that’s just not my scene.

2) Coffee, tea or neither? Why?

Both! Typically coffee (coffee fiend here), but I love a good cup of Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice tea with real Tupelo honey (the very best honey ever cultivated).  Yesterday, my boyfriend, David, told me I should consider CAA…coffee addicts anonymous. I’ve limited myself to one cup a day, but I never miss it.

3) What made you start blogging and is that still the reason you blog today?

I started blogging because I started my very first Daniel fast. A Daniel fast refers to 21 days of fasting in accordance with Daniel’s quest for communication with God (see the book of Daniel in the Bible, for reference). It’s a diet of fruits, veggies, rice, and water for three weeks. I used my blog to relay the struggle of such a drastic lifestyle change, and as support for anyone bold enough to attempt it.

After my fast, the blog became a comfortable place to document my life, including my very unhealthy, up-and-down relationship and almost-marriage to an angry, dramatic, self-deprecating active military man.

But now, my blog writing resumes with a breath of new life as I become more comfortable with the blessings God has given me. I won’t say that I’m the most amazing blogger (I’m not), but I won’t say that you won’t enjoy it either.

4) What does your blog focus on?

I cook, travel, craft, praise God daily, and am currently training for a 5k; all with a spectacular man who’s busy finding his own way, but not too busy to spend nearly every moment of it with me. My readers are a very important part of my journey, so I try to paint my memories with words. The more love and faith I leak, the more it will be absorbed. I encourage the same to other avid bloggers.

5) Using the title of a movie, describe your life!

This one is hard. The new movie (though I have yet to see it), Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, is probably most applicable. I live in a lively, loud house with two other women and my puppy (who’s puppy sized and certainly hyperactive, but not really a puppy anymore). My boyfriend might as well live there too. I’m surrounded by similarly loud Christian friends who get together during the week to eat dinner, play silly board games, and watch tons of sports. I love my life and the people in it.

Thank you, readers, for taking time out of your day to catch up on my guest post. If anything, immerse yourself in love and the wonders of the life you lead. Embrace the chance you have to inspire change and live life with no regrets. Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: