Blog Archive

8.20.2010

Deployment Day 4: Doing dishes

I never thought I would have such a hard time doing dishes until I started doing them tonight. They needed to be done before Ryan deployed but I have been putting them off. BAD IDEA. More then half of them were his and I cried the whole time I was doing them. I felt like I was washing his memory away. I have been having THE HARDEST TIME cleaning things he left around the house because of that too. Doing the dishes tonight turned tonight into the hardest night I have had since he left. FYI when I say cried, I mean SOBBED. I think at one point snot started running out of my nose and I didn't even care. It was like I was a kid again throwing a fit.

I am leaving tomorrow morning to drive to Indiana to be with my family for a couple weeks and I am soo torn. I keep wishing I was leaving tonight instead but at the same time I am having a really hard time leaving our apartment. I wish I could just pack this place and take it with me. Tonight, for doing the dishes, I am a hot mess. And to think I was doing so good. Sighhhh...





2 comments:

MJ said...

aw *hugs* It'll get better!

KrippledWarrior said...

I retired from the Navy when I was 41 yrs old. I loved every minute of the 21 years, 5 months and 8 days in the Navy. I didn't get married until I was 31 and already a CPO selectee. If I had been married younger, I might have done things differently. And if I had never married, I'd still be in the Navy. Family separation is the reason I retired. I couldn't stand telling my wife and children good-bye all the time. But as my life stands, I would not change a thing. It was and is still fun. I am better off for the experience. But I know nothing of you or your husband's situation. So I am reluctant to recommend CAREER SERVICE without it. I'll keep you in my prayers for guidance and wisdom.
Kurt