Blog Archive

7.21.2010

Packing...

It sucks! And makes me depressed. And makes me think about things I have been trying to put in the back of my mind...

Pretty much all we have done tonight is pack our stuff. Clean clothes and pack. Yuck. Ryan was in the livingroom folding and packing his clothes while I was in the bedroom getting a ton of my stuff together. The bedroom closet is so empty. I have been saying "I can't wait to move" for so long and now that we are packing I realize I will miss this place a lot. We have a lot of memories here. We told eachother "I love you" here. We came back here after we got engaged to celebrate. We had a couple accidents and almost made a baby here (lol). We have had so many great times here and it's just kind of bittersweet to me for us to be moving even though we aren't moving far away from here.

It got me to thinking about the fact that deployment is so close now. It has been but now we are under the 1 month mark and things are getting pretty serious. Ryan even packed one bag to take to the ship with him for deployment. I know I talk so stinking much about deployment but it has kind of taken over. Everything we are doing right now is formed around deployment. From getting married to moving, it all had to be within a certain time for us to do it before the big D. Not to mention everything we are going to have to take care of for my to get on the insurance, get my military id and whatever else. Just, yuck.

I was feeling kind of bummed and Ryan walked into the bedroom. He asked me if I was okay. He always knows when I'm not okay but of course I said "I'm fine" and smiled. He said, "You don't look okay" and we just kind of left it alone. Maybe he realizes I just dont want him to see me being weak. He will see plenty of that on D day. I don't even want him to see it then but that really can't be helped. I'm pretty sure I wont have much control over my emotions that day.

Let me also mention something, I have been worried sick now that the wedding is so close that I wont fit my dress. Even though I haven't gained or lost any weight since I first bought it. Ryan has seen my dress. He was with me when I got it. I still remember the look on his face when he saw me in it :) I mentioned to him today that I was scared it wouldn't fit and he said for me to try it on. I told him I needed help zipping it and so he helped me and it fit perfect! I saw that look on his face again today. I can't wait to marry that man.

Oh! Before I go, looky what I got today for winning Christinas contest! I love it and I can't wait to wear it!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Cute Shirt! I know its a really stressful time for you right now! Planning a wedding is so stessfull! But on your wedding day it will all be worth it. & don't stress about getting your id/insurance..it is really easy. Granted you might have to wait a while to actually get your id (We had to wait 3 hours, it was not fun) but it takes like 5 minutues once you show them your marriage certificate and drivers license. & once you get your id your automatically enrolled in the insurance program. You will get standard so if you want to switch to prime (which is the one where you get everything for free) then you will have to go to the insurance office to get it changed. But if your fine with standard..then once you get your id you should be ready to go. Finance takes like 5 minutes too. They just make a copy of your marriage certificate and then have your hubby fill out some paper work and its done. So don't stress so much about all of that..it is actually a really simple process. I was very surprised.

Brittany Sommer said...

Thanks for the heads up! I have heard horror stories lol. That's what scares me! Everything has worked out pretty perfectly for us so far so I am going to keep my fingers crossed!

KelseyC said...

There's something for you on my page. :)