1.17.2011

Today I am genuinely happy

As I ran around our bedroom like a chicken with its head cut off rearranging and cleaning, "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore came on. I thought to myself "I really need to change this song otherwise I will cry" but instead, I felt a sense of relief come over me like a wave. I stopped what I was doing and I layed on our bed for the first time in months and just listened. I stared at the ceiling and completely cleared my thoughts. After "Only Hope" finished, "In My Place" by Snow Patrol came on. I don't know what about those 2 songs playing made me feel so darn happy but it sure surprised the heck out of me.

It felt really good to just lay there and listen to soothing music. It amazes me that I still feel so good right now. You know, when you feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of your shoulders? Yeah, THAT feeling. I don't know if I have finally realized that things are going to be wonderful again next month or if it's the fact that someone who was bringing me down is no longer a part of my life. I suppose it even could have been "cleaning therapy". Either way, I feel great!

Now, I know, you may feel like I tricked you into reading this blog just to say this but I promise I didn't. I just have to add it since today is the last day for voting. Please go check out Confessions of a Sailors Wife and vote for me. You have to be a follower of hers for it to count! Thanks to everyone that has voted already!

No comments: